Enterprise Product Design & Management (2016 – Present)
I currently lead the Productivity Technology UX organization based primarily in Boulder, CO. My team is responsible for the Productivity Suite, a set of familiar tools directly connected to Workday data, and other platform experiences that power Workday applications.
Highlights so far include:
- Growing and leading an org of 17 uniquely talented designers, researchers, and managers
- Working in an embedded model — designers and researchers partnering closely with product management and development
- Guiding an acquired product to fully integrate with Workday's design system and data while running on a modern tech stack
- Building and launching 10 new products for Workday's 65 million users worldwide
- Continuously pushing for consumer-grade experiences in the enterprise by delivering modern React-based interfaces as a replacement for legacy UI
Read more about the Productivity Suite on the Workday Blog.
iOS, Android, & Web Product Design (2015 – 2016)
I led the Product Design team at Roadie, the on-the-way delivery network. Through user interviews, analytics, support tickets, and constant we continuously found ways to improve the experience of sending and driving with Roadie. My role was to contribute design from concept to implementation while empowering the team to deliver better work through critiques, workflow, and collaboration. I also led a bi-weekly company-wide presentation of our team's work to promote transparency and collaboration throughout the entire organization.
Roadie was acquired by UPS in 2021.
- Redesign of the entire driver experience leading to increased delivery speed and reliability
- New app onboarding leading to increased signups and gigs created
- Designed and built a web app for enterprise customers to create and manage shipments more efficiently
Check out the iOS App, Android App, and roadie.com.
Music & Print Design (2010 – 2016)
Takénobu is the moniker of Atlanta-based cellist Nick Ogawa. I first saw him play when my band, Blee's Company, opened for him in 2010. A few months later when my band stopped playing, Nick gave me a call and asked if I wanted to play violin with him. From that moment until I moved away in 2016, I had the pleasure of recording albums and playing live shows as part of the band. Every band needs t-shirts and posters, and I had the opportunity to design some of those as well.
Listen to Takénobu.
Speaking, Teaching, & WritingDesign for Developers
Presented at CocoaHeads ATLHow Designers and Developers Can Work Together
Presented at CocoaConf 2013Mobile Design Workshop
Created the first version of this course at Big Nerd Ranch and delivered around the worldSix Design Principles
Written for stable/kernelMy App Design Setup
Written on Medium